County Administrator Harry Burgess speaks with some of the candidates under consideration to fill a vacancy on council. Photo by Carol A. Clark/ladailypost.com
The Los Alamos County Council is preparing to publicly interview, in Council Chambers this evening, the following local residents who submitted letters of interest to fill a vacancy on Council created by the resignation of Ron Selvage in August:
- Edward R. Birnbaum – Former NMSU Faculty/Former LANL Employee – Democrat;
- John L. Bliss – Works at LANL – Republican;
- Stephen T. Boerigter – Works at LANL/Serves on UNM-LA Advisory Board – Declined to State Political Party;
- Andrea S. Cunningham – Works at LANL/Serves on LAPS Foundation Board – Democrat;
- Phillip H. Kunsberg – Businessman/Former LANL Technical Staff Member – Declined to State Political Party;
- Ralph L. Phelps – Former County Councilor/Works at LANL – Republican; and
- Rick Reiss – Developer/Serves on Kiwanis Board – Republican.
Each applicant will answer questions from Council and an elimination round when the meeting gets underway at 7 p.m.; this appointment is the only item of business on the agenda.