Public Works Projects:
Pajarito Road – Crack Sealing Project
- GM Emulsion construction crews will continue with crack sealing 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday on Pajarito Road to the Ski Basin. Crews will also be working under a flagging operation during work hours.
- Monday, motorists can expect delays due to a lane closure 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily on Trinity Drive from Timber Ridge Road to Oppenheimer. The work is expected to be complete by Friday.
- Construction of the Canyon Rim Trail continues with asphalt paving scheduled for the week of October 17th on the north side of DP Canyon. The project area between Fire Station 6 and Smith’s Marketplace remains closed to the public as crews make progress toward completion.
- A full road closure between Knecht and 9th Streets is in place. Westbound traffic is re-routed utilizing 9th Street, Iris and 15th Street. Truck and delivery traffic is advised to use Trinity and 15th Street as a detour route. An eastbound detour is in place utilizing Knecht Street and Trinity Drive. Businesses between Knecht and 9th Streets are asked to utilize their entrances off Knecht Street. All other business access on Central Avenue is open.
- Crews will work through this weekend to construct a portion of a concrete crosswalk across the westbound lane, and install valley gutter and prepare the roadbed for paving at the Municipal Building entrance and Knecht Street intersection. The entrance and northbound Knecht Street will be closed through the weekend for completion of this work. Monday, the entrance and intersection will re-open and two-way traffic between 15th and Knecht Streets will resume.
- During the week of Oct. 17, corrective work at the south and west leg of the Central/15th intersection will resume requiring northbound and southbound through traffic on 15th Street to be detoured via 20th Street, Knecht Street and Trinity Drive.
County and Contractor personnel are available to answer questions regarding the Central Avenue Project 10-1 a.m. every Monday in Room 200 of the County Municipal Building (1000 Central Ave.).
Western Area Phase 4 Improvements Project
- Construction crews have completed major road and utility activities in the Denver Steel area of 37th Street, 38th Street, 39th Street, Ridgeway Drive and 40th/41st Street loop north of Sandia Drive. Minor work such as clean up and landscaping will continue through next week.
- Road work on the 41st Street/45th Street loop south of Sandia Drive continues. Paving is scheduled in the coming weeks.
- Utility crews will be removing water valves at the intersection of 45th and Sandia. Flagging operations will be underway during work hours.
- Residents are required to remove all vehicles on the roadway and find alternate parking during work hours. Access to residences as well as services such as mail delivery, emergency services, trash and recycling collection will be maintained.
- Public Works crews continue working on a new bus turn-around on Range Road to support transit service to Ponderosa Estates. The turn-around will be constructed just north of the intersection with Aspen Drive. The work will primarily be limited to the east shoulder of Range Road, however, motorists and pedestrians should watch for increased heavy equipment operating in the area. The work is anticipated to be completed in October, weather permitting.
Arizona Avenue/Woodland – Non-potable Water Line and Valve
- Traffic will be hindered on Arizona Avenue near Woodland as crews wrap up work on a non-potable water line. The road will remain open. Bicyclists, motorists and pedestrians should use caution in this area, or use planned alternate routes.
- Crews have completed the installation of a natural gas line and conduit for future electric lines and fiber optics on San Ildefonso Rd between Hawk Drive and North Mesa Road. Clean up work and sidewalk repair continues. Activity will take place out of the roadway. Minimal impacts to traffic are anticipated.