Week of July 4, 2016
For more information about the projects listed below, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, call 505.662.8150, or visit the “Projects” link at www.losalamosnm.us. Please slow down and use caution within the construction work zones.
To attend any of the Public Works weekly project meetings, call the Public Works Department at 505.662.8150 for meeting information.
Children are attracted by activity and heavy equipment. For safety reasons, we ask your help in keeping children away from the construction area since they cannot always be seen by workers concentrating on their jobs.
Contractors will not be working on the Fourth of July Holiday.
Public Works Projects:
Canyon Rim Trail
- Construction on the west leg of Canyon Rim Trail continues. The trail is closed to pedestrians. Clearing and excavating south of DP Road continues. No traffic delays on New Mexico 502 or DP Road are anticipated.
- Friday, July 1, the eastbound right lane of Trinity Drive re-opened as you approach Knecht Street. Tuesday, July 5, the eastbound right lane of Trinity Drive will be closed to continue concrete work starting at the intersection of Knecht Street.
- Construction continues on 40th Street south to the UNM-LA parking lot. 40th Street is closed to through traffic and on-street parking is restricted. The UNM-LA parking lot at the end of 40th Street is closed. Use University Drive to access the parking lot on the southwest corner of the UNM-LA campus. Sidewalk closures and pedestrian detours will be present during the time of construction.
- Construction continues on 39th Street and Ridgeway Drive. Contractor continues with utility work. Residences are to follow traffic detour onto Orange Street.
- Residents are to remove all vehicles on the roadway and find alternate parking during work hours.
- Access to residences as well as services such as mail delivery, emergency services, trash and recycling collection will be maintained.
- Flagging operations will be in effect on Tuesday, July 5 as crews start preconstruction utility line locating and video recording of existing buildings, walls and existing landscaping features which are adjacent to Central Avenue to ensure such features are returned to pre-construction condition.
For more information about the projects listed below, e-mail email@example.com or call 505.662.8333.
Longview Drive – New Waterline Installation
- The Department of Public Utilities’ contractor is finishing up the installation of a new waterline on Longview Drive, between Village Place and the east side of Rover Boulevard in White Rock. The goal is to improve fire suppression capability for the area. At some point during the week of July 5, crews will be in the road at Longview and Linda (Sherwood Village Apartments) to tie in the new waterline. A flagging operation will maintain two-way traffic. Minimal traffic delays are anticipated. Water will be temporarily shut off to allow the tie-in work to occur. Door hangers will be distributed 24 hours in advance to affected customers.