Twenty individuals from nine countries wll become Americans at Historic Fuller Lodge Saturday. Courtesy/LAC
In keeping with its outreach to the international community, the Rotary Club of Los Alamos will host a Naturalization Ceremony for new citizens beginning at 11 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 18 at Fuller Lodge.
At the event:
- U.S. Chief District Judge M. Christina Armijo will preside;
- Boy Scout Troop 22, also known as the Ranch School Troop and the third oldest continuously registered troop in the nation, will post the colors;
- opera singer Christina Martos Hilton will sing the national anthem;
- LANL historian Alan Kerr and Rotary Past President James Nesmith will speak; and
- pianist Cynthia Little will perform a piece as evocative of emotions as the ceremony itself.
This event is open to the public and everyone is invited to join in this historic location to witness 20 individuals from nine countries take the exciting step of becoming citizens of the United States.