The full petition can be found online here and content follows.
- We call for action to end sexual harassment and all forms of sexual violence;
- We commit to making sure our own “house” is in order by updating the sexual harassment policies in our own organizations and requiring sexual harassment training for all our employees;
- We support leadership on both sides of the aisle in both the House and Senate of the New Mexico State Legislature to take these three actions:
- partner with a community organization working to end sexual violence to update its policy on sexual harassment,
- require training for all legislators and staff working in the Roundhouse, and
- include in the policy a reporting and review process that protects victims’ confidentiality and that is conducted by an entity outside of the Legislature.
- We challenge all political parties to take these same actions;
- We support the Secretary of State in pushing to require all lobbyists be trained on sexual harassment; and
- We call for all working in the Roundhouse and in politics, from both sides of the aisle, to commit to calling out any form of sexual harassment and sexual violence when they see it. We specifically urge men to address other men doing this by naming the behavior in the moment they are aware of it.