Chile Line Foods, LLC co-owner Liddie Martinez, right, presents a $5,000 Cornerstone donation check to UWNNM Executive Director Cindy Padilla Thursday at Blue Window Bistro. Photo by Carol A. Clark/ladailypost.com
By CAROL A. CLARK
Los Alamos Daily Post
“United Way is the cornerstone of our nonprofit community and it is a privilege to help them do their work.” –Liddie Martinez
Chile Line Foods, LLC co-owners Liddie and Rick Martinez have made a $5,000 Cornerstone donation to United Way of Northern New Mexico (UWNNM).
Martinez presented the check to UWNNM Executive Director Cindy Padilla Thursday at Blue Window Bistro in downtown Los Alamos.
Martinez serves as president of the Board of Directors of UWNNM and explained why she and her husband feel it is important to contribute to that non-profit organization.
“Our business, Chile Line Foods, LLC was able to make this contribution to the United Way of Northern New Mexico because of the abundant support and humbling reception we received for my cookbook, The Chile Line: Historic Northern New Mexican Recipes,” Martinez said. “It was so heartwarming to see long lines out the door and around the corner for hours made of friends, colleagues, neighbors supporting us at every book signing event we had prior to the pandemic.
“Rick and I have always been community minded individuals, but this overwhelming support is further evidence of the importance of supporting one another. It’s what makes our communities special. It is important to remember to give to others when so much has been given to you. United Way is the cornerstone of our nonprofit community and it is a privilege to help them do their work.”
- Working in a United Way to improve the lives of children and families through service collaboration.
- To create a happy, healthy, community.
- UWNNM is an organization of service and collaboration that works with integrity and ethics to ensure inclusivity, respect, and generosity, while honoring family, tradition, and culture.
Community Action Fund Focus:
- Nurturing the development of youth
- Assisting youth to complete high school
- Early childhood development
- Literacy programs for children and adults
- Education and youth mentorship
- Basic needs assistance
- Workforce development and training
- Economic development and entrepreneurship
- Tax assistance
Health and Wellness
- Substance abuse rehabilitation
- Behavioral and mental health outreach and treatment
- Healthy lifestyle programs and family wellness
Ways For Businesses and Individuals To Help UWNNM Help the greater community:
- Cornerstone funds support the overall impact of UWNNM. To become a Cornerstone donor, click here.
- Community Action Fund donations support resources that take aim at current needs in the community. To donate to the Community Action Fund, click here.
- Community members may also sign up their Smith’s Rewards Card to Community Rewards #72474 and register their Amazon Account. “You shop, they give. Everyone wins!”
- To volunteer, click here or call 505.662.0800 for more information.
- To organize a work place giving campaign, click here.
- To transfer securities to UWNNM, click here.
For more information, visit www.UnitedWayNNM.org.