Village Arts holiday window display on DP Road created by Diana Norwood of Truly Yours Diana. Courtesy photo
Each year at this time, Diana Norwood of Truly Yours Diana creates a holiday window display for Village Arts at 216 P Road. Owner Ken Nebel invites the community to stop by to see the new display and come in his store for their holiday shopping needs.
Village Arts offers art and craft supplies for artists of all levels, plus a variety of school supplies and creative children’s gifts. They stock all archival materials, with a wide variety of glass, mats and frames. All frames are built to size. Village Arts also specializes in fabric art, canvas, and 3-dimensional art and carries a large selection of desktop and ready-made frames.
Village Arts works in collaboration with the Fuller Lodge Art Center to offer art classes for all age levels and levels of expertise – a creative gift certificate idea!
The history of Village Arts:
- 1983: Village Arts and Crafts established by Jim Harbert in White Rock Village Shopping Center.
- 1988: New owner Cathy Osentowski moves to shopping center at Rover Boulevard and N.M. 4.
- 1993: Village Arts moves to Central Park Square.
- 1998: Marilyn Warren purchases Village Arts and renames the store Village Arts by Marilyn.
- 2001: Marilyn Warren expands into adjacent space with framing and gifts.
- 2009: Ken Nebel and Jim OʼDonnell purchase Village Arts and move to current location at 216 DP Road.