The Los Alamos Farmers Market is held 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Thursdays in the Mesa Public Library parking lot.
What’s at Market!
Tomatoes, shishito peppers, lettuce, arugula, onions, garlic, squash, diakon, garlic scapes, cabbage, squash blossoms, cucumbers, orka, egg plant, green chile, chile powder, corn decorations, beets, radishes, carrots, green beans, kolrobi, parsley, basil, dill, fennel, chives, honey, potatoes, chard, celery, pinto beans, cow cheese, milk, butter, goat cheese spreads, kale, mint, chicos, jams and jellies, tea breads, cookies, scones, pizzas, pies, tarts, pretzels, cinnamon buns, cakes, broccoli, cauliflower, leeks, padron chiles, yellow hots, spinach, ungraded eggs, mediterranean breads, gourmet sauces, yak, lamb, beef, snow cones, plants, knittings, native plants, fava, kale, chard, beans, dried apples, lamb, beef and Yak, lavender body products, ointments and creams, corn and Chile decorations, yak knittings, sharpening service by High County Sharpening.
- Rozelle Wright Sharon Seitz Jeanne Bridge;
- Kathy Grove Marlena Greene Mary Darling;
- Ginny Roemer Gaye Talley Terry Langham;
- Naomi Becker Sally Chamberlain Ann Shafer;
- Susan Mack Suzanne Smith Sharron Huang; and
- Kimberly Christensen.
Thank you all for playing. The tickets will be rolled over for the next contest. Drawing Sept. 5, so keep adding to the box.
This Week’s Recipe:
Onion and Potato Soup
- 3 Medium Onions browned in butter * 8 minutes or so
- 6 new potatoes diced and browned with onions
- Add 5 Cups of water and simmer, about 20 or so minutes
- Add salt and pepper
- Optional: Bacon, ham or meat of your choice
- Simmer until potatoes soft top with fresh croutons and serve with a salad.
This Week’s Market Sponsors:
- Los Alamos Main Street;
- Old Windmill Dairy; and
- High Country Sharpening.