Front cover of The Chile Line: Historic Northern New Mexican Recipes by Liddie Martinez. Courtesy/Pajarito Press
Los Alamos Daily Post is hosting a book signing 2-4 p.m. Saturday Feb. 1 for its food columnist Liddie Martinez and her recently released cookbook, The Chile Line: Historic Northern New Mexican Recipes, published by Pajarito Press LLC.
The community is invited to enjoy refreshments, ask Martinez questions, acquire a book, and have her sign it at Los Alamos Daily Post headquarters, 1247 Central Ave. in downtown Los Alamos.
In her cookbook, Martinez shares her grandmother’s recipes, passed down for generations, that sustain northern New Mexicans and their way of life, through the kitchen. There is more: between recipes, her charming remembrances of life in the family kitchen on their small farm keep history and wisdom, the northern New Mexico way. She shares this cultural and culinary legacy with 86 enchanting recipes so you can learn and carry it on.
The Chile Line: Historic Northern New Mexican Recipes is available for purchase Saturday at the book signing, online at TheChileLine.com and PajaritoPress.com or at these northern New Mexican outlets:
- Los Alamos History Museum Gift Shop, 1050 Bathtub Row, Los Alamos, NM 87544
- Santa Fe Farmers Market Gift Shop, 1607 Paseo de Peralta, Santa Fe, NM 87501
- Las Pistoleras Instituto Cultural de Arte, 1219 Paseo de Pueblo Norte, El Prado, NM 87529
- La Cocina New Mexican Restaurant. 415 W. Santa Clara Bridge Rd., Española, NM 87532
- Northern New Mexico Regional Arts Center, 706 E. Bond St., Española, NM 87532
- Performance Maintenance, Inc., 835 N. Paseo de Oñate, Española, NM 87532
Back cover of The Chile Line: Historic Northern New Mexican Recipes by Liddie Martinez. Courtesy/Pajarito Press