Bike And Gear Swap In Central Park Square Saturday

COMMUNITY News:

 

The 5th Annual Bike and Gear Swap, the best place to sell or buy summer items to enjoy the outdoors, is this Saturday.

This year, the Bike and Gear Swap is 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, June 4, at 170 Central Park Square, three doors down from Bathtub Row Brewing Co-op.

If it is time to get rid of items that would otherwise collect dust, buy gear to enjoy this season, or both, the Bike and Gear Swap can help. This event is a fundraiser for the Los Alamos Tuff Riders. For those who have questions about buying or selling gear, the Tuff Riders will have knowledgeable volunteers, including bike mechanics, on hand to help.

Sellers can register online or 11:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. on the drop-off day, Friday, June 3. It is easy to register at http://tuffriders.losalamos.com/bikeswap/, where sellers can track their items before and after the swap. Sellers keep 85 percent of their sales. The other 15 percent supports the Tuff Riders.

The Bike and Gear Swap also supports teenagers who are learning to mountain bike. Sellers can choose to pick up unsold items after the swap or to donate them to the Los Alamos Topper Mountain Biking (MTB) Club. Students from the club will learn to fix their bikes as well as ride the trails. The Los Alamos Topper MTB Club’s goals are to support the student’s mind, body and camaraderie and to instill confidence, courage and the love of mountain biking for LAHS students of all MTB abilities and levels.

The Los Alamos Tuff Riders Mountain Bike Club is a non-profit chapter of the International Mountain Bicycling Association. The club is dedicated to providing fun, social mountain bike rides and events for all ages and skill levels, helping to maintain our extensive trail network, and encouraging people to enjoy the outdoors. The Tuff Riders are most known for the weekly rides that leave promptly at 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at Sullivan Field and 9 a.m. on Saturdays near the roundabout. These rides are open to all, and great for meeting nice people and learning the local trails. For more information about the Los Alamos Tuff Riders, visit http://tuffriders.losalamos.com.

CSTsiteisloaded