The Aspen Fire is burning on the Espanola Ranger District half a mile south of the Medio Trail, northeast of Santa Fe.
The Aspen Fire is half an acre and putting up smoke visible to residents of Santa Fe.
One crew is on scene.
Aspen Fire, Espanola Ranger District:
- Fire Name: Aspen Fire
- Time/Date Reported: Afternoon of Aug. 10
- Time/Date Discovered: Afternoon of Aug. 10
- Location: Approximately half a mile south of Medio Trail
- Legal Description: 18N, 10E, Section 11
- Cause: Lightning
- Fuels: Ponderosa Pine
- Size: 1/2 acre
- Containment: 0 percent
- Resources Committed: One crew on scene
- Threats: No structures are threatened
- Spread Potential: Low
- Smoke: Smoke is visible from Santa Fe. In the evenings, smoke settles into low lying areas, including drainages; however, lifts by mid-morning when the sun rises. Residents near the wildfire who live in low-lying areas may wish to keep their windows closed at night.