The Los Alamos County Council will meet in regular session at 6 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers inside the Municipal Building at 1000 Central Ave.
Items on the agenda include a public hearing on an ordinance to zone a parcel of land identified as Tract RM, Eastern Area 3, as Professional-Office (P-O).
According to agenda documents, this parcel of land is a vacant 0.28-acre lot at 3292 Trinity Dr., that will solely be used as a parking lot for two adjacent properties: the apartment complex at 3301 Canyon Road and the Clendenen Business Building at 3250 Trinity Dr.
Additional Agenda Items:
- A public hearing on an ordinance for economic development definitions. According to agenda documents, this pertains to the definition of retail businesses undertaken through the Local Economic Development Act. It would align the County’s Local Economic Development Plan with changes in state laws;
- Possible approval of the recommendation by the Board of Public Utilities to remain in the Carbon Free Power Project (CFPP);
- An update on filling vacancies on the Racial Equity and Inclusivity Task Force and the Los Alamos Resiliency, Energy and Sustainability Task Force;
- Providing feedback and possible approval to implement the Community Development Advisory Board Communication and Outreach Effort Plan. The plan would lay out ways to involve and educate the community on property maintenance issues; and
- Consideration on modifying council’s procedural rules.