Young Artists Invited to Design CROP Walk T-Shirt

Crop Walk participants at a previous event. Courtesy photo

CROP WALK News:

Children in fourth through sixth grades are invited this month to submit t-shirt logo designs for the upcoming 2013 Los Alamos CROP Walk & Turkey Trot.

Creative young artists have competed in this event in the past two years. Last year’s winner was Sarah Worley.

The Los Alamos CROP Hunger Walk & Turkey Trot Logo Contest is open to fourth through sixth graders whose family lives or works in Los Alamos County. The winning design will be used as the official t-shirt logo for the walk Sunday, Nov. 24. In addition to the honor of having their logo design printed on hundreds of t-shirts, the winner will receive a free t-shirt, a small gift and public recognition.

The CROP Walk & Turkey Trot raises money for hunger organizations to meet the needs of those in poverty or in disaster relief situations around the world and in the United States. Local food bank L.A. Cares will receive 25 percent of the money raised at the Los Alamos walk/trot. Walkers or runners can designate the remaining 75 percent of what they raise to their choice of hunger and relief agencies. People can sign up to walk or run at: http://hunger.cwsglobal.org/site.

The entry guidelines for the logo contest state that all entries should be drawn in black ink on plain white paper. The lines should be thick enough to reproduce properly on a t-shirt. Entries are not to be colored in or they may be disqualified from the competition.

All entries should be no larger than 8.5 by 11 inches. Somewhere prominent on the design there should appear the name “Los Alamos CROP Hunger Walk & Turkey Trot 2013.” The artist’s name, current grade, address, phone number, parent or guardian’s printed name and parental signature should be written lightly but legibly in pencil on the back of the picture. Also include a t-shirt size in case yours is the winning design.

The entry deadline for the contest is 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25. Artists’ submissions should be put in a large envelope, not folded, labeled Los Alamos CROP Walk & Turkey Trot Logo Contest, c/o Lynn Wysocki-Smith or Elisa Enriquez, and delivered to Village Arts at 216 DP Road in Los Alamos or Warm Hearts Yarn at 13 Sherwood Blvd. in White Rock. Direct questions to Lynn Wysocki-Smith 661.9619 or Elisa Enriquez 690.1138.

Previous
Next
CSTsiteisloaded