An educational workshop titled “Savvy Social Security Planning: What Baby Boomers Need to Know to Maximize Retirement Income” has been scheduled for noon Tuesday, Jan. 29, at Mesa Public Library, 2400 Central Ave. in Los Alamos.
This workshop is free of charge and will cover:
- Five factors to consider when deciding when to apply for benefits;
- When it makes sense to delay benefits – and when it does not;
- How to estimate your benefits;
- How to minimize taxes on Social Security benefits; and
- How to coordinate Social Security with your other sources of retirement income.
Seating is limited and reservations are recommended. To reserve a place, call Kate Stalter at (505) 490-6474.