President Barack Obama
New Mexico’s Senate Majority Leader Michael Sanchez is one of six members of the plenary panel, “The Importance of Worker Voice,” for the White House Summit on Worker Voice.
Senate Majority Leader Michael Sanchez
President Barack Obama is hosting the 2015 “Worker Voice Summit” at the White House to discuss the benefits of empowering employees to become partners in growing the economy.
Obama and Labor Secretary Tom Perez join summit members Sanchez, Sarita Gupta, Ambereen Khan-Baker, Gregory Adams, Joe Schmidt and Robert Hathorn.
The panel will establish the themes of the day for all other panels:
- Underscore the importance of worker voice in an economy where the middle class shares in the benefits of economic growth;
- Present the challenges to worker voice that that justifies the President’s decision to devote an entire day at the White House; and
- Identify success and ways to improve worker voice in our economy.
The plenary panel starts at 8:30 a.m. Mountain Time. The President will give his remarks at 10 a.m. and Senator Sanchez also will participate in the digital backstage 10:35-10:45 a.m. to respond to live Twitter questions.
East Room Speaking Program:
- 10:30 a.m. ET Opening Session
- 10:40 a.m. ET Plenary Panel: The Importance of Worker Voice
- Noon ET Remarks by the President
- 4:40 p.m. ET Town Hall with the President on the Future of Worker Voice
The White House Live Stream is at https://www.whitehouse.gov/campaign/worker-voice.