Additionally, Results has been instrumental in:
- Results volunteers were among those who successfully advocated for the squashing of Trump’s 2017 initiative to abolish Obamacare.
- In the 1970s when Results started, every year 45 million children died of poverty-related causes. Now it is 17 million people per year who die from poverty-related causes.
- Over the last five years, the U.S has pledged $5 billion to the Global Fund to combat AIDS, TB and malaria. 20 million people (100-140 million families) are now receiving AIDS drugs. Without Results’ and others’ advocacy it would have been 200,000 people receiving those drugs.
- Results started lobbying on TB in 1997 when only about $25 million in the U.S. budget was devoted to tuberculosis research and care. Now the House Appropriations Committee has approved $302 million and the Senate has approved $275 million for USAID programs to fight tuberculosis.
- Allen has worked as a science educator for 40 years with organizations such as the National Geographic Society, the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies, and now NASA. Allen lives with her partner Bill Nevins south of Angel Fire, NM.