UPDATE: The Los Alamos County Administrator’s Office has made available the Letters of Interest submitted by seven local residents who want to be considered to fill a vacancy on the Los Alamos County Council. Click HERE to view the letters.
The following Los Alamos County residents submitted letters of interest to fill a vacancy on the Los Alamos County Council created earlier this month by the resignation of Ron Selvage:
- Edward R. Birnbaum – Former NMSU Faculty/Former LANL Employee – Democrat;
- John L. Bliss – Works at LANL – Republican;
- Stephen T. Boerigter – Works at LANL/Serves on UNM-LA Advisory Board – Declined to State Political Party;
- Andrea S. Cunningham – Works at LANL/Serves on LAPS Foundation Board – Democrat;
- Phillip H. Kunsberg – Businessman/Former LANL Technical Staff Member – Declined to State Political Party;
- Ralph L. Phelps – Former County Councilor/Works at LANL – Republican; and
- Rick Reiss – Developer/Serves on Kiwanis Board – Republican.
In other election news, at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 28, the Los Alamos County Democratic Party Central Committee unanimously elected Michael Redondo to fill a vacancy in the Los Alamos Council race created with the resignation of Ken Johnson last week.
Tuesday, Sept. 4: Last day a candidate may withdraw from the 2012 General Election.
Tuesday, Oct. 9: Absentee Voting begins in the County Clerk’s Office 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
Tuesday, Oct. 9: Voter Registration closes at 5 p.m. in the Clerk’s Office.
Residents who would like to make changes to their voter registration or register to vote, may do so in the Office of the County Clerk, at 2451 Central Ave., Suite D.
Voter registration forms also are available at the State of New Mexico Motor Vehicle Field Office and the Los Alamos and White Rock public libraries.
Saturday, Oct. 20: Early Voting begins at the Los Alamos Community Building and White Rock Fire Station #3 on N.M. 4.
Dates & Times for both locations:
- Saturday’s 10/20, 10/27 and 11/3 – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday thru Friday 10/23–10/26 – 10 a.m. to 6.p.m.
- Tuesday thru Friday 10/30–11/2 – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 2: Last day to mail an Absentee Ballot.
Saturday, Nov. 3: All Absentee/Early Voting ends.
Monday, Nov. 5: Last day to cast a replacement Absentee Ballot.
Tuesday, Nov: 6: General Election Day – Vote Centers are open 7 a.m. –7 p.m.
Absentee Ballots shall be accepted until 7 p.m. in the Clerk’s Office.
Friday, Nov. 9: Canvass at 2 p.m. in the Clerk’s Office.