Superintendent Dr. Kurt Steinhaus
The Los Alamos School Board invites members of the community to attend one of two open forums called “Meet the New Superintendent.”
Session 1: Monday May 18, 6-7 p.m. in the Aspen Elementary School Gymnasium; and
Session 2: Tuesday May 19, 6-7 p.m. in the Piñon Elementary School Gymnasium.
Dr. Steinhaus will begin with introductions and then present his Strategic Learning and Entry Plan. The presentation will include a “hit the ground running” approach and a focus on continuous improvement:
- listening and learning;
- developing strategies; and
- meeting goals and using data to inform decision making.
The School Board has asked new Superintendent Dr. Kurt Steinhaus to serve as the district’s instructional leader and chief executive officer while working closely with the school board in setting the tone and defining the strategic direction for student success. This transition presents an opportunity for positive change and enhancements in our schools. His initial and ongoing work will include a thoughtful process of analysis, reviewing research, and setting priorities.
The Strategic Learning and Entry Plan goals are:
- Involve the community, students, parents, staff, and School Board members in identifying an effective path forward and measuring progress;
- Build essential relationships with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Establish a broad-based coalition of “whole child” support for advancing academic achievement and supporting staff.
Those in attendance will be invited to participate in an informal question and answer session.