COUNTY CLERK News:
Los Alamos County Clerk Sharon Stover reported this morning that her office has received 5,075 ballots for the UNM-LA Mil Levy election as of Monday night.
Registered voters still have until 7 p.m. today to cast their ballot at the County Clerk’s Office. All ballots must be physically inside the County Clerk’s Office by 7 p.m. today.
The lobby and Council Chambers at the Municipal Building will be open today at 7 p.m. when voting closes to allow community members and media to await the results, which will be posted in the lobby.
Los Alamos County Election Manager Gloria Maestas urges voters to remember the following:
- All ballots must be received in the County Clerk’s Office no later than 7 p.m. Election Day, Tuesday, Sept. 17.
- Do come by the County Clerk’s Office if you have not received your ballot.
- Voters may drop-off their completed ballot at the Clerk’s Office at the Municipal Building, 2nd floor, Suite 240. If the ballot is mailed back to the County Clerk’s Office, a first-class stamp is required.
- Do sign the outer envelope. If there is no signature on the outer envelope, the ballot cannot be counted.
- Ballots will be accepted at the County Clerk’s Office on Election Day, Tuesday, Sept. 17 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.