New Mexico State Police officers were sent to assist New Mexico State Probation and Parole officers Nov. 7 at a residence on Camino De Albino in Taos County.
State Police were informed that the officers where conducting a home visit at Daniel Herrera Jr.’s residence. During the visit, the officers and New Mexico State Police officers found items consistent with the trafficking of suspected cocaine and heroin; including scales, records, drug sale ledgers, cell phones, U.S. currency, a digital recorder and various other Items.
Daniel Herrera Jr., 41, was arrested on the following charges and booked into Taos County Jail:
- Count 1: Trafficking controlled substances (by possession with intent to distribute-1st)
- Count 2: Trafficking controlled substances (by possession with intent to distribute-1st)
- Count 3: Possession of a controlled substance (Schedule I-IV)
- Count 4: Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Count 5: Possession of marijuana one ounce or less