- Check the air conditioning. You may want to have a professional inspect the entire system;
- A service professional should inspect the radiator, pressure cap, belts, and hoses;
- Check the cooling system, and if necessary, get it serviced; and
- Check the air pressure in all tires, including the spare, to make sure they are properly inflated.
Pack a “just in case” emergency kit in the trunk that includes:
- Jumper cables;
- A jack and tire iron;
- A can of “Fix-a-Flat” for temporarily sealing and inflating a flat tire; and
- Water for both the radiator and people.