The Los Alamos CROP Hunger Walk and Turkey Trot Committee is calling creative young artists (4th – 6th grade) to submit an ORIGINAL drawing for the 2015 Los Alamos CROP Hunger Walk &Turkey Trot Logo Contest!
The contest is open to kids in fourth through sixth grades whose family lives or works in Los Alamos County.
The winning ORIGINAL design will be used as the official t-shirt logo of the 2015 Los Alamos CROP Hunger Walk & Turkey Trot, which takes place at 2 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 22 at the Los Alamos Middle School.
The logo contest winner will receive a free t-shirt in the size of his/her choice and recognition for his/her work.
The CROP Hunger Walk & Turkey Trot raises money for hunger organizations to meet the needs of those in poverty or in disaster relief situations around the world and here in the U.S.
Twenty-five percent of the money raised at the Los Alamos walk/trot will go to support L.A. Cares, the local food bank.
Walkers or runners can designate the remaining 75 percent of what they raise to their own religious denomination’s hunger and relief agency or a favorite anti-poverty organization.
To submit an entry, please review the guidelines below or see attached form. Public school, private school and homeschool kids are all encouraged to submit an entry!
Logo Contest Guidelines:
- All entries should be drawn in thick, black ink on plain, unlined white paper. Lines should be thick enough to reproduce properly on a t-shirt.
- All entries should be no larger than 8.5 x 11 inches in size and an ORIGINALdesign.
- Los Alamos CROP Hunger Walk & Turkey Trot 2015 should appear somewhere prominently on the design.
- You can print this page and use the back side for the entry or use your own 8.5 x11 in. white paper. Please write the artist’s name, current grade, address, phone number, parent/guardian lightly (in pencil or light ink) on the other side of the entry.
NOTE: Entries that do not follow the guidelines cannot be considered.
IMPORTANT: Please submit logo design by Saturday, Nov. 7
- Do not fold when mailing or delivering the design.
- Mail or hand deliver the entry to:
Los Alamos CROP Walk & Turkey Trot Logo Contest – Village Arts (216 DP Road) OR Warm Hearts Yarn (1247 Central Avenue)