By GARY STRADLING
Republican Party of Los Alamos
Last week I responded to Councilor Izraelevitz and the “thought police” approach to political differences employed by him and the partisan liberal press. There was another aspect of his letter that compels response.
It is ignoble and false of him to narrowly equate our enthusiasm for the Trump presidency with embracing real or imagined errors, or actions ascribed to him by his enemies. It is false to describe the success of his presidency as “mythical”, when it was, in fact, legendary.
Mr. Trump’s policies and efforts, to place America first, to Make America Great, are laudable, and America deserves more of the same.
We see the fruits of his presidency in the following facts (not myths):
- Achieving energy independence, FINALLY!!!
- Developing vaccines rapidly for the COVID-19 pandemic, while resisting government overreach, and suppression of freedoms and business.
- Forcing all healthcare providers to disclose the cost of their services so Americans can comparison shop, and know how much less providers charge insurance companies.
- Signing the VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanding VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
- Signing Acts that give law enforcement and victims new tools to fight sex trafficking.
- Increasing funding for school choice by $42 million.
- Increasing funding for historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) by more than 14%.
- Boosting our economy, bringing jobs, factories, and industries back home from overseas.
- Achieving an all-time low in unemployment for African-American, Hispanic-American and Asian-American citizens. Racial equity begins with jobs!
- Passing historic tax cut legislation that includes new Opportunity Zone Incentives to promote investment in low-income communities across the U.S.
- Launching a new “Ready to Work Initiative” to help connect employers directly with former prisoners.
- Lowering taxes. Median household income hit highest level ever recorded.
- Bringing balance to grossly unfair tariff inequities.
- Releasing up to $12 billion in aid for farmers affected by unfair trade retaliation.
- Deregulating our industries in responsible ways.
- Controlling our borders and decreasing illegal immigration.
- Extracting our nation from foreign wars.
- Supporting national defense, including our Nuclear Forces.
Trump delivers! These accomplishments, and many more not listed here, are worthy of praise and gratitude.
This is my own abbreviated list, but a more complete list can be found at: https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/trump-administration-accomplishments/
We must be clear: Personalities are not the basis of Conservative support, but values and actions are. Conservative policy is at the core of America’s greatness. We want more for all citizens, not less.