Sharon Stover, Republican candidate for New Mexico House District 43, was named to the latest round of the Republican State Leadership Committee’s (RSLC) “16 in ’16: Races to Watch” list.
The RSLC list recognizes outstanding candidates in must-watch races for state legislative seats across the country.
“I’m excited to hear that the RSLC picked my campaign as one of the top races to watch in the country,” Stover said. “Since I announced my candidacy, I have visited with thousands of residents throughout District 43 and listened to their concerns. New Mexico’s best days are ahead. I can provide effective and collaborative leadership to help the state overcome its challenges. I appreciate the RSLC’s recognition of my efforts.”
Stover is running against Democratic incumbent Rep. Stephanie Garcia Richard.
The RSLC’s “16 in ’16: Races to Watch” are:
- Marilyn Stewart – Alaska House District 21
- Ling Ling Chang – California Senate District 29
- Katy Brown – Colorado House District 3
- Rosy Palomino – Florida House District 112
- Jaci Agustin – Hawaii House District 34
- Bonnie Sadler – Iowa Senate District 30
- Wendy Fletcher – Kentucky House District 99
- Sue Allor – Michigan House District 106
- Tracy Nelson – Minnesota House 42B
- Jill Tolles – Nevada Assembly District 25
- Sharon Stover – New Mexico House District 43
- Ryan Martinez – Oklahoma House District 39
- Patti Milne – Oregon House District 22
- John Lujan – Texas House District 118
- Ramiro Valderrama – Washington House District 45A
- Julian Bradley – Wisconsin Assembly District 94
Learn more about the latest “16 in ’16: Races to Watch” here.