Santa Fe National Forest. Courtesy/SFNF
SANTA FE—The Santa Fe National Forest (SFNF) will waive fees at many recreation sites and amenities over the Presidents Day weekend Feb. 14-16.
Fees at all national forests and grasslands will be waived at many day-use sites, such as picnic grounds and developed trailheads, in cooperation with other federal agencies under the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act. Day-use fees will be waived at all standard amenity fee sites operated by the Santa Fe National Forest.
Remaining fee waiver dates in 2015:
- June 13, National Get Outdoors Day, a day when federal agencies, nonprofit organizations and the recreation industry encourage healthy, outdoor activities. For more information, visit http://www.nationalgetoutdoorsday.org/;
- Sept. 26, National Public Lands Day, the nation’s largest single-day volunteer effort in support of public lands. For more information, visit http://www.publiclandsday.org; and
- Nov. 11, Veterans Day, which commemorates the end of World War I and pays tribute to all military heroes, past and present.
Visitors to the Santa Fe National Forest are encouraged to contact the appropriate ranger district office to confirm which recreation sites are included in the Presidents Day fee waiver:
- Coyote Ranger District – 575.638.5526
- Cuba Ranger District – 575.289.3264
- Jemez Ranger District – 575.829.3535
- Pecos Ranger District – 505.757.6121
- Las Vegas Ranger District – 505.425.3535
- Española Ranger District – 505.753.7331