Scene during which 300 seniors received their second vaccination today at BESC. Photo by Elizabeth Coons
Today 300 seniors received their second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at the Betty Ehart Center in Los Alamos.
Nambe Pharmacy, Los Alamos Visiting Nurses, LAFD, LAPD, Los Alamos County staff, LARSO staff and volunteers will administer the second dose of the Moderna vaccine to seniors Sunday at the White Rock Senior Center.
If you received your first dose at BESC or WRSC, please check your NMDOH profile as soon as possible. You can only receive the second dose if given an appointment through your NMDOH profile.
Please remember the following:
- Bring your COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, along with your Medicare and any medical cards;
- Bring your NMDOH confirmation number;
- Use the restroom before arriving;
- Plan for your 15-minute wait time for observation;
- Wear a short-sleeved shirt; and
- Remain in your vehicle at all times.
75 AND OLDER ONLY
The local senior centers can receive funding from the State for obtaining information from seniors 75 and up only this time please:
- If you are registered with the NMDOH website.
- Your date of birth.
- Are you interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Are you still waiting for your first dose?
We will do the next age group, when the state notifies us, that they are ready for that information. If you are willing to answer, please send the response to firstname.lastname@example.org and PLEASE write 75 and up in the subject line.