Courtesy/Santa Fe Botanical Garden
From the Santa Fe Botanical Garden:
The Santa Fe Botanical Garden is continuing to monitor the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impacts on our community.
We still remain hopeful of a minimal impact, however the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, and visitors is of the utmost importance.
We are making every attempt to keep the Botanical Garden at Museum Hill open to the public for as long as possible. Please check the website for the most up to date information, which may include specific information on accepting cash payments, or switching to online payments entirely to limit person-to-person contact.
We are postponing or cancelling gatherings of 100 people or more through the end of April:
- March 19t Food for Thought at Restaurant Martin is postponed until a later date;
- April 12 Easter Egg Hunt is canceled;
- 2020 Art Exhibition “Earth Revealed” has been postponed until 2022; and
- Shakespeare in the Garden is postponed until a later date.
Many of the lectures and workshops that are offered this spring will move to an online format via Zoom, including the popular weekly early childhood class, Garden Sprouts. Other classes will be rescheduled to a later date. Please check the website for the most up to date information.
Our administrative staff will be working from home until March 30. If you need to reach a specific staff member, visit our website for contact information. Otherwise, general inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or through Facebook and Instagram messenger.
In the meantime, we are following the CDC’s guidelines to keep our sites clean:
- We are increasing the frequency of cleaning of all surfaces;
- Pump-free hand sanitizer has been installed at our Visitor Center; and
- We are encouraging all volunteers, visitors and staff to stay home if they feel ill, or feel unsafe coming to the Garden.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time. We are hopeful for a bright spring and beautiful summer!
About The Santa Fe Botanical Garden
The Santa Fe Botanical Garden celebrates, cultivates and conserves the rich botanical heritage and biodiversity of the region. In partnership with nature, they demonstrate their commitment through education, community service, presentation of the arts and the sustainable management of Leonora Curtin Wetland Preserve and Botanical Garden at Museum Hill. The Santa Fe Botanical Garden hosts nearly 60,000 visitors and 14,000 youth education engagements each year.