Rotarian Brian Newnam. Photo by Carol A. Clark/ladailypost.com
Los Alamos Rotarian Brian Newnam recently presented a talk on local and international Rotary statistics during a meeting at the Dixie Girl Restaurant in downtown Los Alamos.
- Los Alamos Rotary Club was founded Aug. 19, 1966;
- Typically 35-45 members … recent growth to 65 members;
- Of its 42 presidents … 15 are still active; and
- Has sponsored 44 foreign exchange and 50 outbound students.
- Rotary International has 1.22 million members in 34,300 Clubs in 200 countries;
- Rotary International is the second largest service organization in the world behind Lions Club International, which has 1.35 million members in 46,182 Clubs in 206 countries;
- North America members – 450,000;
- Asia – 300,000;
- Europe – 250,000;
- Latin America – 100,000;
- Oceana – 100,000 (Australia, New Zealand & Islands;
- Africa – 30,000;
- Russia – 81; first founded in 1990 in Moscow;
- Antarctica – 2, with 19 members total; and
- No Clubs – Cuba, Iraq, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia or Viet Nam.
For more information about the Los Alamos Rotary Club, click here.