- Unequivocally withdraw the Extradition Bill, which is widely feared to pose a major threat to journalists and their sources in Hong Kong.
- Ensure that the law enforcement refrain from any violence or coercion against journalists and protect them anytime their safety is threatened.
- Ensure that those who call for, order, perpetrate, or glorify violent acts against journalists are being prosecuted and punished; establish an independent commission to investigate acts of brutality.
- Enforce the highest level of transparency on public affairs for the media.
- Give clear instructions to all members of the Hong Kong administration to support freedom of the press and facilitate the work of journalists by all means.
The letter is to be published in the following media: