LOS ALAMOS COUNTY PARKS News
The 37th Street Play Lot near Villa Street is closed for the next two weeks so that the Los Alamos County’s contractor, LA Landscaping & More, can make renovations to the park.
- remove the sand safety zone material in the designated play areas and replace with engineered wood fiber, bringing the safety/fall zone into compliance
- add a merry-go-around with fall/safety zone material and borders (similar to the one at Community Park or North Mesa Park)
- replace the asphalt entry walk with concrete and an approach that is not as steep as the current design
- Add three picnic tables and a two benches
- Replace trash can with new can with a “bird” hood
- Install a gate at the School Canyon trail entrance
Questions can be directed to Parks Manager Dick McIntyre at the Parks Office at 662-8159.