PAJARITO SKI HILL News:
Let it snow and let the good times roll: Women’s Weekend fundraiser at Pajarito Mountain this year!
For the fifth consecutive year, the ladies at Pajarito Ski Hill in Los Alamos are planning northern New Mexico’s best ski party that benefits Northern New Mexico communities!
In carrying on the tradition, Pajarito Mountain and K2 Skis are once again presenting the Women’s Weekend Feb. 8-10.
The goal of this annual not-for-profit event is to raise $10,000 in financial assistance to New Mexican women and men diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer.
The event is open to female skiers, telemarkers and snowboarders of all abilities, including those who have not yet ventured onto the slopes.
Online registration at pajaritoskipatrol.com is now underway and early registration is encouraged because space is limited.
“This event is going on its fifth year, and each year it only gets better,” said Amy Bauer, Event Coordinator and Southwest Region K2 Women’s Alliance Member. “This is such a great way to spend time with other women that are a part of the skiing and snowboarding community while benefiting a great cause. It is always a lot of fun to watch the ladies improve their skills and build new friendships and 2013 promises to be memorable.”
The weekend begins with a Friday evening kick-off party and silent auction at the Fuller Lodge in Los Alamos. Saturday and Sunday feature all-day skiing at Pajarito Mountain, hot breakfasts, bump and telemark clinics, free lessons for women who have never skied or snowboarded, lunches, bras and beads tree decoration dedicated to those touched by cancer, on-the-hill games and access to the new line of K2 snow sports products to demo. Saturday, participants can also take advantage of an après ski yoga class.
Saturday night the fun continues at the Dinner and Dance Party, open to all participants and their significant others. This year’s theme is “Beach Party” and there will be door prizes and awards for the best costumes and dancers.
“We are currently seeking cash donations and items for our silent auction,” Bauer said. “All donations are tax-deductible and benefit the Anita Salas Memorial Fund.” To donate items, contact Bauer at email@example.com.
“It’s important to register early because participation is extremely limited,” she said. “This is a great cause, and a huge party that nobody would want to miss.”
You can sign up on-line at the Pajarito Mountain Ski Hill website at www.skipajarito.com/ under the events tab.
2013 K2 Women’s Weekend at Pajarito Mountain Itinerary
Feb. 8-10, 2013
- 6-8:30 p.m. Kick-off Social at Fuller Lodge, 2132 Central Ave., Los Alamos, catered by Hilltop House – Lots of food! (cash bar)
- 8 a.m. Breakfast at Pajarito Mountain Ski Lodge, Pick up equipment from Rental Office (right next to ticket office)
- 9 a.m. 2013 K2WW@PM group photograph on Lodge balcony
- 9:30 a,m. to noon Demo K2 skis / ski with groups
- LUNCH at Ski Lodge Loft – lunch will be ready
- Raffle Prizes
- 1:30-4 p.m. Demo K2 skis / ski with groups
- 4:30-5:30 p.m. Yoga in Ski Lodge Loft (BYOM=bring your own mat)
- 6:30 p.m. Dinner and Dance at the Posse Shack, Los Alamos
- 8 a.m. Breakfast at Pajarito Mountain Ski Lodge
- 9 a.m. to noon Demo K2 skis / ski with groups
- LUNCH Ski Lodge Loft – lunch will be ready
- Raffle Prizes
- 1 p.m. Silent auction closes
- 1:30-3:30 p.m. Demo K2 skis / ski with groups
- 3:30 p.m. Meet at base, farewells, contact information exchange