Create new friends, work outside, learn new skills and help the community — Sign up now for The Family YMCA’s YESCorps program.
For the Summer of 2023, the YESCorps (YESC) will partner with SALA, Barranca Mesa Pool, Manhattan Project, American Red Cross (to learn first aid and CPR), Justice Center (to hold a mock teen court) and many other community partners to do necessary projects that will contribute positively to the community and build lasting skills and friendships for all participants.
Monday through Thursday will be filled with collaborations with local partners and Fridays are dedicated to fun only. Known as “Fun Friday” – Fridays will consist of a variety of activities such as pizza, games and water fights at the park, pool days at Barranca Mesa Pool, gaming at SALA, active games at the YMCA and many others.
On July 28, an end of the season campout at Camp May will be organized for all YESC participants.
Adult leaders are being sought for the YESCorps program. Part time work. Between $15-$18/hour. Apply online or in person at the YMCA: https://laymca.org/careers
Program Details for YESCorps (YESC):
- Program starts/ends: June 19-July 28, 2023
- Meeting times: Monday-Friday 9 a.m.to 1 p.m. (times may vary depending on partner, project, or activity)
- In general, parents will drop off and pick up their kids at the YMCA and from there, the kids will be transported to and from their destination for that day.
- Register now! Max of 8 kids per week.
- Register for all 6 weeks or pick and choose weeks to participate in based on your schedule.
- Cost: $45/week
- Register for program and find more details on our website: https://laymca.org/y-earth-services-yes-corps
- Direct questions to Lahni Zollinger: 505.662.3100
The YMCA has a motto: “We don’t turn anyone away for their inability to pay.” This year the YMCA has a fundraising goal of $175,000 that will support financial assistance through need-based scholarships for childcare, memberships and youth programs; as well as program support for YMCA Teen Centers in Los Alamos and Española.