The RCLC Board meeting is rescheduled to 3 p.m. July 30.
A possible second meeting also has been scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Friday, July 31 to discuss and possibly act on materials listed in this agenda.
No other actions will be taken at either meeting on these dates.
Due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, and upon consultation with legal counsel, RCLC Chairman Henry Roybal has directed that the July 24, 2020 RCLC board meeting be conducted electronically via the electronic media application Zoom.
In accordance with Open Meetings Act guidelines publicized by the New Mexico Attorney General, RCLC board members and members of the public wishing to attend may participate via Zoom, by linking to the following URL address, or by calling the conference call line listed below:
July 30, 2020 RCLC Board Meeting Agenda & Possibly Second Meeting at 1:30 p.m., July 31, 2020
- Call to Order – Chair Henry Roybal
- Confirmation of Quorum – Chair Henry Roybal
- Approval of Agenda – Chair Henry Roybal
- Public Comment (20 min)
Public comment may take place via Zoom
- Discussion/Action Items
- Discussion and possible action on contract extension and close out with Chicanos Por La Causa (Tab 1)
- Discussion and possible action on RFP development for executive director, timeline and publication
- Discussion and possible action regarding DOE EM grant application process
- Discussion and possible action regarding next steps for the amended JPA
- Discussion and possible action regarding review of 2019 BBER LANL economic impact study
- Discussion and review of website
- Board Comments
About the Regional Coalition of LANL Communities:
The Regional Coalition is comprised of nine cities, towns, counties and pueblos surrounding the Department of Energy’s Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). Founded in 2011, the Regional Coalition works in partnership to ensure national decisions incorporate local needs and concerns. The organization’s focus is regional economic development and site employment, environmental remediation, and adequate funding for LANL. The 2019 Board of Directors includes Chair, Commissioner Henry Roybal, Santa Fe County; Vice-Chair, Councilor Darien Fernández; Treasurer Councilor David Izraelevitz, Los Alamos County; Secretary Mayor Javier E. Sanchez, City of Española; Town of Taos; Councilor Michael Garcia, City of Santa Fe; Commissioner Mark Gallegos, Taos County; Representative Ron Lovato, Ohkay Owingeh; Commissioner Leo Jaramillo, Rio Arriba County; and Designated representative from Pueblo of Jemez