Finishing touches are underway today on the new location for the Pig + Fig Cafe at 11 Sherwood Blvd., in White Rock. Photo by Carol A. Clark/ladailypost.com
Pig + Fig News:
The Pig + Fig Cafe is moving Monday from 35 Rover Blvd., to its new location at 11 Sherwood Blvd., in the former Bandelier Grill location. The move will take about a week to complete.
“We are going to try our hardest to be open before Mother’s Day weekend,” Pig + Fig co-owner Laura Crucet said.
Laura and her father Fernando Crucet, co-owner of Pig + Fig, signed a lease with James Chrobocinski last November and the three spent the last six months working to update and renovate the 44-year-old space.
Among the many improvements to the building are:
- a new roof;
- a new HVAC system;
- new stucco on the exterior;
- leveling and replacing all the floors;
- completely gutting and remodeling the kitchen;
- removal of most of the interior walls;
- all new lighting;
- a new patio for outdoor dining; and
- much more.
They consulted with local interior designer Suzette Fox on flooring choices, layout design and artwork to help create a comfortable rustic-modern space.
“The overhaul of this building was long overdue, but it has been a long and expensive project for all of us. Crucet said. “The biggest obstacle we have had to overcome is the age and condition of the building – not the County. There was a slight “misunderstanding” at the beginning of the project, but we all moved past that quickly. Fire Marshall Jeff Wetteland and Chief Building Official Michael Arellano have been very supportive and professional, and we are very grateful for all the time they have taken to help us along throughout this whole process.”
The new space will seat more than 100 guests inside and another 40 on the patio. The larger, upgraded space will allow Pig + Fig to:
- open seven days a week, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Saturday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday;
- provide faster and better service;
- increase baked goods selection;
- expand its menu to include more grilled and fried items;
- offer an upscale private dining/bar area;
- remain open during most special events; and
- expand its beer and wine selection.
The new location is right in the heart of White Rock, across the street from the library and White Rock Visitor Center.
Join Pig + Fig’s newsletter at www.pigandfigcafe.com to stay up to date with the moving schedule and hear about upcoming events and news.