- Ice Rink CIP Phase 1 Project Presentation – Recommendation to Council that “County Council accepts the Ice Rink cover, Option 3 (Cantilever Cover); Lift Station Option 2; the Parking Lot expansion; and the Locker Room and Restroom renovation.”
- Teen Center – Recommendation of support to Council on the Teen Center to be located on Lavy Lane.
- Leisure Pool Status – Recommendation to County Council for reconsideration of funding for the Leisure Pool.
- Quemazon Trail – The Parks and Recreation Board recommends support of the proposed addition to the Quemazon Nature Trail as a tribute to long-time County resident Satch Cowan.
- Volunteer efforts of Duck Buddies – “The Parks and Recreation Board recognizes the volunteer efforts of Duck Buddies of Los Alamos to ensure the safety and well-being of the domestic water fowl at Ashley Pond and request that the Los Alamos County Council approve a design of Ashley Pond that will enable the efforts of Duck Buddies of Los Alamos to feed and care for the domestic water fowl, subject to the recommendations of County Risk Manager.”
- Further Discussion of Recreation Center – The Parks and Recreation Board continues to support the funded Ice Rink improvements and the Board also supports the concept of a Recreation Center to include an Ice Rink facility in combination with basketball court(s) and other indoor Recreation space.
- Small Projects Services Request – The PRB approved the concept of Small Projects Services Request, as an expedient way for citizens to bring small projects forward to the County under $50,000 with efficiency and minimal complexity.
To read the entire FY14 PRB Final Work Plan click here.