The Parks and Recreation Board has several vacancies on its subcommittees and is looking for a few good women and men who would enjoy shaping the community.
The subcommittees have several functions:
- Serve as a central point of contact for citizens with an interest in parks and recreation, provide a forum for discussion of parks and recreation issues, and serve as an advisory body to the Parks and Recreation Board and a resource to staff.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of a long-range plan for the operation and development of the parks and recreation facilities and serve in an advisory capacity to staff and the Board by recommending improvements or maintenance to facilities and equipment.
- Along with staff, develop and prioritize a list of capital improvements for consideration by the Board.
- In collaboration with staff, recommend the fee schedule for facility passes and programs, and for facility and equipment rentals.
The following vacancies are available:
- ACAS Two Vacancies (Aquatic Center Advisory Subcommittee)
- OSPAS Three Vacancies (Open Space and Parks Advisory Subcommittee)
- IRRAS One Vacancy (Ice Rink and Recreation Advisory Subcommittee)
- GCAS One Vacancy (Golf Course Advisory Subcommittee)
Applications are available at the Recreation Administration Office located at the Aquatic Center or a copy may be downloaded from the County’s website at www.lac-nm.us/rec. Click on the Boards and Commissions link. For additional information, call the Recreation Division at 662-8173.