Feel like you’ve lost your teen’s attention? You are not alone. Courtesy photo
Join the “Parents Raising Teens” Support Group beginning Wednesday, Oct. 12. JJAB is offering the free 6-week support group for parents navigating the challenges of raising teenagers.
- Be with other parents who can offer non-judgement and compassion.
- Get assistance in brainstorming ideas for how to respond to difficult situations.
- Through mindfulness exercises, learn tools for improved communication and connection with yourself and your teen.
- Share helpful parenting resources.
- Find some laughter and companionship in the process.
Time: 6-7:30 p.m.
Place: UNM-Los Alamos
Facilitator: Elizabeth Grant, LPCC holds an MA in counseling and has worked with teenagers in the Santa Fe public schools and has facilitated girls groups in Los Alamos. She has a private practice in Los Alamos where she offers mindfulness tools to parents.
Pre-registration is required. Contact Elizabeth Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 505.695.5866.