Los Alamos Public Schools open houses begin tonight at 5-7 p.m. at Chamisa. (visit http://www.laschools.net/ for other school dates.) Topics of discussion include the following:
Emergency and Weather-related Communications – LAPS is Using “School Messenger”
School Messenger replaces E-Alert as our new Parent Communication System.
Parents or grandparents DO NOT need to sign up for School Messenger – phone numbers and email addresses are pulled from the information you submitted at registration.
School Messenger extends the ability to communicate with parents and students about inclement weather, school delays, school lock-downs, and other important information from school principals or district leadership team members.
This is a Year for Bond Funding – the LAPS School Board will Schedule an Election in January.
- Over the next six weeks, we will be offering school tours and saying thank you to the residents of Los Alamos and White Rock for helping fund “bricks and mortar” to remodel schools and complete major maintenance at every site in the district
- The Los Alamos and White Rock communities have a long-standing tradition of supporting top-notch, quality education for all students
- We are looking for volunteers to help get the word out; so, please let me know if you can volunteer about five hours per month over the next six months; meetings will be held in the evening
For This School Year, LAPS Has Selected the Theme “All In”
- We are all in to help students succeed
- We are all in to assure that schools are a safe place for learning
- We are all in to work closely with parents and the whole Los Alamos community