Next Big Idea Festival will go forward as planned Saturday. Courtesy photo
Los Alamos’ Next Big Idea Festival will go forward as planned Saturday, Sept. 14, despite recent inclement weather.
The community event will take place on Fuller Lodge lawn and wrap around into the Origami parking lot and onto the green space at Central Park Square.
The event will showcase 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., interactive exhibits and big ideas from all over the state. Exhibitors include Los Alamos National Laboratory, Beaver Toyota, Albuquerque Astronomical Society, Friends of the Shelter and more than 40 others.
The second annual Trashion Show produced by Los Alamos County Environmental Services will feature 30 models showcasing clothes made from recycled trash.
New this year is STEM Splash! – a dunk tank for submerging local leaders, prominent citizens and local business owners to raise money for the 2014 STEM Student Day.
Schedule of dunkees:
- Noon Scott Randall – LACDC
- 12:15 p.m. Heather McClenahan – Los Alamos Historical Society
- 12:30 p.m. Dave Fox – CB FOX
- 12:45 p.m. Mike Wismer – Former County Councilor
- 1 p.m. Katherine Chartrand – New Mexico Consortium
- 1:15 p.m. Gene Schmidt – Los Alamos Public Schools
- 1:30 p.m. David Horpedahl – Zia Realty Group
- 1:45 p.m. Linda Deck – Bradbury Museum
- 2 p.m. Bill Wadt – LACDC
- 2:15 p.m. Kristy Ortega – United Way
- 2:30 p.m. Rick Reiss – County Councilor
- 2:45 p.m. Dave Sutton – KRSN
- 3 p.m. Walt Barkley – LANL
- 3:15 p.m. Einstein (Katy Korkos) – Chamber
Live entertainment from both Higher Ground and the Surf Lords begins at noon. Marble Brewery, Blue Corn Brewery, and Don Quixote Distillery and Winery will be on hand at the beer and wine garden noon-6 p.m.