Smoke rises in the sky from the Cajete Fire, which has burned more than 1,000 acres since igniting Thursday morning in the Jemez. Photo by Carol A. Clark/ladailypost.com
This morning’s update just came in on the Cajete Fire burning in the Jemez west of Los Alamos:
- Start Date and Time: June 15 at 10:45 a.m.
- Start Location: North of Jemez Springs, El Cajete Mine , MM 33 in the Sierra de los Pinos area
- Cause of Fire: Unknown
- Area Vegetation: Grass and ponderosa pine
- Acres Burned: 1,315
- Ownership: US Forest Service
- Structures Threatened: Yes
- Structures Burned: 0
Evacuations: Evacuations remain in place for Ruby Hole tract homes on Bennett Lane, Sierra Los Pinos, Cox Ranch and Valles Caldera. Jemez Mountain Baptist Church is being used for evacuees.