Pika. Photo by Sally King/BNM
March Events at Bandelier
The skies are blue, the sun is shining, and the warm weather make it a perfect time to explore Bandelier National Monument.
Join us for fun and exciting activities in the month of March:
March 18-24 – National Wildlife Week
- During National Wildlife Week, learn more about the unique wildlife that call Bandelier home. A series of special programs will be offered throughout the week.
March 23 – Survivor Bandelier
- Join a ranger for a how-to guide on why animals live at Bandelier and how they adapt to a dynamic environment. Talk at 1 p.m. in the Visitor Center Theater; No additional fee.
March 23 – Living on the Edge
- It’s a mouse, it’s a rabbit, no it’s a Pika! Discover why this cute little critter is in danger. Talk at 2 p.m. in the Visitor Center Theater; No additional fee
March 26 – Full Moon Hike
- Are you afraid of the dark? Don’t be, Bandelier has quite a night life! Join a ranger for a thrilling night walk illuminated by the light of the moon.
- Learn about night creatures and how they use their senses to survive. No additional fee; 7:30 p.m. (1.5 hours); Easy 2 mile walk on the Tyuonyi Overlook trail; meet at the Juniper Campground Amphitheater.
Information about other events and ongoing activities is available by visiting the Bandelier National Monument website at www.nps.gov/band or the park Facebook page at BandelierNPS.
Full moon. Photo by Sally King/BNM