- In number 1 singles, Todd Rodencal defeated his opponent in three sets, 6-7, 6-3, 1-0.
- In the number 2 singles match Shuh-Rong Chen lost to his opponent 5-7, retired.
- In the number 1 doubles match Yu Sung Kim and Chris Lee defeated their opponents 6-1, 6-0.
- In the number 2 doubles match Donald Dry and his partner Xianzhn Tang won 6-3, 6-1.
- Finally in the number 3 doubles match Bob Benjamin and team captain Joel Williams defeated the Highpoint team in straight sets 6-2, 6-2.
The matches are sponsored by the United States Tennis Association (USTA). The Los Alamos team competes in the USTA Northern New Mexico 3.5 Men’s 18-and over League. This was the season’s first match for the Los Alamos team. There are 12 teams in the league from Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Los Alamos. The season runs until May 31. The Los Alamos team’s next match is 3 p.m. Sunday, March 29, in Albuquerque against a team from the Jerry Cline Tennis Center.
Donald Dry of the Los Alamos Tennis Club 3.5 18+ tennis team hits a backhand volley during a doubles match held at Urban Park Sunday. Dry and his partner Xianzhu Tang defeated a team from the Highpoint Sports and Wellness Club in a fast-paced match 6-3, 6-1. Photo by John Sarracino