DISC GOLF News:
Los Alamos Disc Golf will host the only Discraft Ace Race in New Mexico at 10 a.m. Aug. 8 at the North Mesa Disc Golf Course. This event is beginner friendly.
Details are as follows:
- Format: Two rounds of 18 holes, one throw per hole per player
- Course layout: Holes are generally between 180 and 250 feet (55 to 75 meters).
- Entry fee: $25
- Player package: The 2015 pack will be announced in July. Last year’s included two identical Discraft prototype discs made especially for this year’s Ace Race, plus a premium Buzzz disc golf towel, Discraft classic sandwich cap, SuperColor mini, an Ace Race flying skull bag tag, one flying skull sticker and a PDGA membership discount coupon. All this is included with your entry fee, a $65 value!
- Rules of play: Players are required to use the player package discs, and only these discs. If a disc is lost, the player has the option of using the second disc from the package. Only one throw per player per hole. All players should have their own scorecards and mark “A” for aces (a hole-in-one) and “M” for holes on which they hit metal. After all players in the group have thrown, discs are picked up and the group moves directly to the next tee. Players keep their scorecards for round two, using the next line on the card to record the round. The player with the most aces after 36 holes is declared the winner. In case of ties, the number of metal hits is used as a tie breaker. If a tie persists, a closest to the pin contest is then used to determine the event winner.
- Prize package: 2014 grand prize for each event was a Discraft merchandise package, including a bag, eight new discs and a Supercolor Buzzz trophy disc. Also, an optional cash side pot is available for those who wish to participate, which is divided proportionally among the number of aces and/or metal hits.
- For additional information: http://discgolfacerace.com/faq.html or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register: By July 24 at http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/North_Mesa_Ace_Race_2015