By CAROL A. CLARK
Los Alamos Daily Post
The Los Alamos Daily Post is celebrating its 11-year anniversary today at its world headquarters in downtown Los Alamos. It is our privilege to bring the news to our readers in Los Alamos, across the nation and around the world 365 days a year.
The news team is taking this opportunity to express our appreciation to our wonderful columnists, citizen photographers and other contributors who add so much to the content we provide our readers. We also are very grateful to our advertisers – many have supported us faithfully since we first opened our doors 11 years ago. Each of you play an important role in the milestone achieved today.
The Post first launched at 8 a.m. Feb. 7, 2012, from my home in White Rock. The Post surpassed a million monthly pageviews in 2015 and was named the Official Newspaper of Record by Los Alamos County in 2017. The newspaper is a member of the National Newspaper Association, Online Newspaper Association, New Mexico Press Association, National Federation of Press Women and New Mexico Press Women.
Over these 11 years, the news team has worked in collaboration with citizens throughout the community to bring our readers the best in local news coverage through print, photographs and video. With its focus on events occurring throughout Los Alamos and White Rock, the news team reports from local neighborhoods, schools, businesses; financial, cultural and faith-based communities and science and engineering divisions at Los Alamos National Laboratory. Our readers also find the latest news from Los Alamos County, Los Alamos Police and Fire Departments, Los Alamos Public Schools and UNM-LA.
The Post began publishing its weekly print edition in 2015 and delivering it to every home and business in Los Alamos and White Rock, and through news racks strategically placed around the community.
The Post is blessed with an incredibly dedicated news team including Lifestyles Editor & Art Director Bonnie J. Gordon, Government Reporter Kirsten Laskey, Social Media Editor Christopher Clark, Photographer John McHale, Photographer/Videographer Nate Limback, Sports Broadcaster Gene Mortensen, Sportswriter/Announcer Mike Cote, Sports and Outdoors Writer George Morse, Copy Editor Clara Clark, Advertising Manager KayLinda Crawford and Newspaper Distribution Coordinator Delbert Romero.
- In 2013 – The Post was found to be the community’s “number one online news source” by respondents to an independent survey conducted by a Los Alamos County contractor.
- In 2013 – The Post was named “Success Client of the Year” by the Los Alamos Commerce and Development Corporation.
- In 2014 – The Post was named “Small Business of the Year” by the SBDC and recognized by the State Legislature and Los Alamos County Council.
- In 2015 – The Post began publishing a 9,300 copy print edition.
- In 2016 – The Post website surpassed a million monthly pageviews worldwide.
- In 2017 – The Post was named the Official Newspaper of Record by Los Alamos County.
- In 2017 – The Post was named “Media Outlet of the Year” by the Los Alamos Chamber.
- In 2022 – The Post received a State Award from New Mexico Press Women.
- In 2022 – The Post earned a State Award from New Mexico Press Association.
- In 2022 – The Post won a National Award from National Federation of Press Women.
The Post news team greatly appreciates the opportunity to serve our readers and looks forward to sharing the important and interesting news of the day for many years to come.