The Los Alamos Board of Education expressed its appreciation to the Los Alamos County Council through the following statements:
- The Los Alamos County Council has provided support for School Resource Officers (SROs). SROs are an example of the important partnership between the Los Alamos Police Department (LAPD) and the Los Alamos Public Schools (LAPS). LAPD has school SROs assigned to both the middle school and the high school, as well as a Juvenile Officer. LAPD has also expanded the outreach of the SROs and has begun working in the elementary schools. The SROs work closely with the LAPS to provide guidance, training, and security to enhance the schools’ safe environment.
- The Los Alamos County Council provides support for education programs implemented by the Juvenile Justice Advisory Board (JJAB) and the Pajarito Environmental Education Center (PEEC).
- The Los Alamos County Council partnered with LAPS to implement the 2015 Summer Reading Challenge and the Kinder Safety Town.
- The Los Alamos County Council provides support for LAPS students to complete physical education requirements at the Aquatic Center.
- The Los Alamos County Council supports the School Capital Improvement Fund for LAPS to become more sustainable and to further develop leased facilities.
- The Los Alamos County Council provides shared maintenance and transportation facilities at Pajarito Cliffs.
THEREFORE, it is resolved that the School Board formally recognizes and thanks the Los Alamos County Council, the County Manager and Deputy Managers, and staff from Los Alamos County for serving as successful partners in striving to meet our vision, mission, and goals.