Rendering of new White Rock Branch Library. Courtesy/LAC
The Los Alamos County Library Board is set to meet at 5:30 p.m., Monday at Mesa Public Library, 2400 Central Ave.
A presentation by Anthony Strain is scheduled regarding the White Rock Branch Library Project as well as a presentation by Steve Foltyn regarding potential art at the new library. The board will discuss the FY16 Library Board Work Plan and potential projects and work activities for the year.
Chair and Board Members’ Reports include:
- Chair’s Report
- Friends of Los Alamos County Library Liaison Report
- WR Master Plan Implementation Committee Liaison Report
- Fuller Lodge Historic District Advisory Board Liaison Report
Library Manager’s Report includes:
- Facility and building project issues
- Other budget, programming and service updates
There also will be a question and answer period wiht County Council Liaison Rick Reiss.
The meeting is open to the public.
About the Los Alamos County Library Board
The library board’s primary purposes are to receive input from the public, and, based on that input, make recommendations to council that support the fulfillment of the library’s mission in the community; provide information and advice on items requested by the council, and review and recommend public policies; gather and provide public input on the development of library service objectives and the library’s long range plan; and interact with other boards and commissions on items that affect the libraries.
- Authorization: Los Alamos County Ord. No. 02-078, Sec. 2, 10-03-2006; County Code Chapter 8, Article V, Sections 8-81 – 8-83.
- Composition: Five members, must be Los Alamos County residents.
- Term: Two years
- Meetings: First Monday of each month, 5:30-7 p.m. at either Mesa Public Library Administration office or White Rock Branch Library.
- Michelle Grove
- Ellen Ben-Naim
- Janet Harris
- Tim Langworthy
- Ginny White
- Steven Thomas
Board Administrative Support:
- Johneva Martinez
Community Services Director:
- Charlie Kalogeros-Chattan
- Rick Reiss