Embezzlement and fraud within the nonprofit sector is probably more common and also more preventable than you would think. The damage and effect of fraud can be extensive and community trust hard to regain. By raising your awareness of how it happens and implementing a few simple methods your nonprofit can avoid such a calamity!
In this interactive presentation you will learn about:
- Common ways that embezzlement and or fraud can occur.
- The critical areas where controls are most needed.
- Effective ways to establish internal controls with a limited staff.
- Specific controls that can be applied immediately with minimal effort.
- Examples where controls could have prevented fraud or errors.