Typically in March you would find your Girl Scout cookies on sale at both Smith’s locations every weekend. Due to policy changes, the girls were only given two days to sell in front of the stores this year. While some of you might be relieved by this news, it was a huge blow to the local Girl Scouts who count on monies earned with cookie sales for their troops needs, activities and camp.
The call went out to several local businesses who were more than happy to let the Girl Scouts sell cookies outside their businesses.
Watch for Girl Scouts at the following times and days thoughout March at these locations:
- Manhattan Project Bar & Grill: (formerly Dixie Girl) Saturday/Sunday noon-4p.m. or 6 p.m.
- Pajarito Brewpub & Grill: Saturday/Sunday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Hot Rocks Java Cafe: Monday-Friday 4-5 p.m.
- Metzger’s in Los Alamos and White Rock: Fridays 4-6 p.m. / Saturday/Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Reel Deal Theater: Fridays 4-6 p.m. / Saturday/Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Starbucks: Fridays 4-8 p.m.
- LANB: Feb. 28 4-6 p.m. / March 21 4-6 p.m.
- Smith’s in Los Alamos and White Rock: March 1, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. / March 8, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.