Lightning sparked the Commissary Fire over the weekend in San Miguel County, approximately 13 miles east of Pecos in the Pecos/Las Vegas Ranger District of the Santa Fe National Forest.
- Start Date: June 5, 2015, reported Saturday, June 6, 2015
- Size: Approximately 25 acres
- Percent Contained: 0
- Cause: Lightning
- Personnel Assigned: 30
- Growth Potential: Low
- Vegetation: Ponderosa pine, grass and brush
Summary: The lightning-caused Commissary Fire was reported by the Barillas Lookout Tower June 6, and has grown to approximately 25 acres. The Commissary Fire is a slow-moving ground fire burning through grass and brush. Depending on weather and other conditions, fire managers are considering managing the fire for resource benefit.
- Structures Threatened: None
- Weather: Partly cloudy with isolated showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then numerous showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon.
- Firefighters: One crew (Type 1 Hotshot crew)
- Engines: District fire personnel
Fire Information is available on the New Mexico Fire Information website at nmfireinfo.com.