Check out Los Alamos County Library System’s series of posts outlining tips and tricks for using the new Library catalog.
First, access your account by going to the Library catalog and clicking Log In or My Account. Append the last six digits of your library card to the “Library Card Number” box and enter your PIN (usually the last four digits of your home phone). Go to the Preferences section in the Personal Information tab of your account to change these settings:
- Default language: we currently have interfaces available in Spanish and Chinese.
- Default Tab: Choose Personal Information, Checkouts, Holds or Fines.
- Default checkouts: Choose to see Library or Digital Checkouts first in your Checkouts tab.
- Default holds: Choose to see Library or Digital Holds first in your Holds tab.
- Preferred list: This determines where to put items you add to a list. If you choose No default list instead of a named or temporary list, the catalog will ask you what list to use every time you add items to a list. (Watch for information about lists functions next week!)
- Preferred pickup library: Mesa Public Library or White Rock
You can also choose to keep your checkout history by checking the ‘Show’ and ‘Record my checkout history’.
If you are struggling with the new catalog we are happy to help. Just ask at any of the service desks or call 505.662.8253 to schedule a longer, in depth training session.